For the current schedule of our Public "Studio Classes" Please see the Events page
1. A typical class runs from 2-3 hours. Your piece, depending on the temperature outside, the decorative items used and the amount of resin required may take anywhere from 5 days to 4 weeks to fully harden and cure.
2. Additional charges may apply if your piece uses more of a specific supply or extra resin. We will run through all this info at the beginning of the class.
3. We work with a 2 part industrial resin to secure the decorative glass and items to the 5mm base glass. This product will NEVER come off your clothing. We've tried and learned this the hard way. We have aprons for our students to wear but we ask you to please wear grubby clothes. Don't dress to impress! We are very careful when we are pouring and using the resin but remind you that CSS is not responsible if resin gets on your clothing or belongings.
4. If you have something that you would like to incorporate into your piece (i.e. jewelry, game pieces, feathers, buttons, etc.) please feel free to bring it with you. We'll take a look at it and see if it will work; keep in mind the flatter the item the better. ***A word of caution on this, we do not recommend putting anything irreplaceable (i.e. heirloom items, original photos, art work, fabric or fiber art) into your very first piece, if it doesn't turn out the way you hope, we can not remove or repair said items. The resin is not meant to come apart or off the glass once poured.***
5. We will notify you when your pieces are ready for pick-up. Delivery of your finished project is NOT a part of or included in the class fees.
6. The studio is located in Carries family home, for the sake of privacy we do not post the address on our website. At present the studio is a private work space (unless a studio class or private booking is scheduled) and does not have an open gallery where you can just drop in to purchase items. If you would like to come to the studio to purchase glass, please contact me and we will gladly make arrangements to make that happen!
7. The studio is located in the basement of Carries family home. Carrie has cats & a dog, so please proceed accordingly if you have allergies.
Please contact us for private studio classes. With 4 or more students on a weeknight or 6 or more students
on the weekend, we will schedule the class around you! We have had the pleasure of hosting ladies nights,
team building exercises, high school art students, childrens birthday parties, etc.
***Please Note: To secure your spot in a class you MUST call or email RSVP and provide either Paypal, eTransfer or credit card for the 50% non-refundable deposit. The deposit ensures that classes will go forward as scheduled. Everyone's time is valuable and we want everyone who has RSVP'ed they are attending, to attend, including me! An email will be sent out a few days before class, with the studio location and any other last minute details. For those that need to cancel from a class after paying the deposit, you will be allowed to reschedule your class, but no refunds will be given.***